Friday, May 23, 2008

Amy's Belly: May 23



Update on Amy's belly - it's pretty clear if you compare the two pics that her belly is, in fact, growing! If I put my hand on her belly and push slightly, it resists - the best thing I've read in all of the books we have is that it's like a balloon is slowly inflating inside of her. Amy feels the baby every now and then, but I can't feel it yet - I can't wait for the first time it kicks hard enough for me to feel it too! Right now Amy can't tell if it's really the baby, or gas bubbles - perhaps it's gas bubbles FROM the baby. :)


On Tuesday we go to the doctor for our last ultrasound, and find out whether we're having a boy or a girl! Amy took an old wives' tale quiz on the web yesterday, and there's a 70% chance according to a collection of tests like the Drano method that we're having a girl. The most statistically significant test to date? Amy feels like she's having a girl, and we read somewhere that the mother-to-be is right 75% of the time. To combat the ever-growing sentiment for a girl, I've made it my mission to watch every NBA playoff game the last 6 weeks - I hear if a team from west of the Mississippi wins 4-2 in the Eastern Conference Finals over a team with black uniforms and at least two guys named Spud, you're definitely having a boy.


We're both ready for a boy or a girl, we just want to know! Stay healthy baby, we'll "see" you on Tuesday. :)
Love,
Dad

2 comments:

oldest_cousin2be said...

Mommy, Daddy, and Baby "N",
Amy you look so pretty!! Pregnancy looks good on you.:) I have been checking the blog every other day-can't wait to find out if your having a Seany Jr., or an Amy Jr.(ette)!! I am so happy for you guys. The pictures for us make it seem even more real! I of course will love whoever my little cousin happens to be, but I'm rooting for a girl (personally). Seany, I don't know if that "motherly instinct" you were talking about only goes for the pregnant mommy or all mommys of the world, but my Mom thinks the baby might be a girl too! (knock on wood):-) Hope you guys are all doing well-good luck tomorrow at the appointment. Call us right away and let us know "who it's gonna' be"!

Love you Baby!
Your Cousin,
Emma

P.S. Can't wait to see how your NBA theory works out Seany; good luck with that...:)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am so happy for you two!! I love the pictures of the progress of your belly, Amy. I hope you keep posting them, you are so cute=) Y'all are going to make fantastic parents!

Love,
Kathy