Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Take a first look at our son





It's been a long day, but ... what a day! This morning at 9 Amy and I had our 2nd and last ultrasound, and the tech showed us visual confirmation - we're going to have a boy. A baby boy. A son. A son! Amy and I are going to have a son.

It was easy to overlook the fact that more important news was on tap - the baby's health. We're so fortunate that the little guy is incredibly healthy and growing well. He's actually a week ahead of schedule in most of his measurements - he's supposed to weigh about 10 ounces, but he already weighs 12 - he's 3/4 of a pound! That's my boy. As we were driving back from the appointment, Amy asked what 12 ounces was, so I told her the first thing that came to mind. "That's a beer, honey - he's the Bud Light Lime I had last night!" Amy didn't seem to appreciate it on quite the level I did, but later I used the comparison with Ed and he was right there with me.

Check out the pics above and say hello to our boy! Click on them for a larger, closer view.

The Proud Papa

5 comments:

oldest_cousin2be said...

Uncle Sean and Aunt Amy,
I am so happy that the baby is healthy and doing well. That is what really matters, regardless of the sex, but it's very cool your having a boy!! (He really threw us for the loop though). There are so many benefits I think to having a son or a daughter; either one is a blessing. Once I got to thinking about it, I always thought it would be cool to have an older brother kind of close in age to me. Someone to just look out for me; it would be especially cool in High School to be able to say "yeah that's my brother". I can tell how excited you both are just from reading your blogs. I talked to Nana, and she said that she almost cried when she read your blog Seany:) I know our excitement probably can't be compared to yours, but I really just can't wait to see my little boy cousin!! My first, first cousin. And as his oldest cousin, I feel a responsibility to welfare of his music collection. He will never be deprived of the best hits. I will also teach him how to correctly execute a body slam, a skill which he very well might need if he is to have other siblings.:)

Can't wait to see you baby Boy! Grow big and strong for us.
Love,
Emma

oldest_cousin2be said...

Nice captions. It's definitely a boy, the "Winky" is unmistakable. :) It was also very cool to be able to see the spine, it's so pronounced!

-Emma
p.s. Am I the only one who leaves comments on this thing?!?! I wish I knew if you guys get the millions I write. :)

Amy said...

Hey Emma - if you want, give us a list of songs and we'll make a playlist to play for my belly. He'll be able to hear it now and I've even heard that he can remember it and it can be soothing to him after he's born!

oldest_cousin2be said...

Amy-
Just wanted to let you know that I got your blog. I will definitely come up with some songs for a playlist-it's so cool that the baby can hear and recognize it! I'll let you know about some songs hopefully soon!

Love,
Emma

Pop-Pop said...

Sean,

I was so excited to read about your son and the happiness that he is bringing into your life. When you get to be my age and look back there is nothing that comes close to the birth of your children. It's really exciting to see you embracing this moment.

I'm not sure I've mentioned this to the boys but I hope I've somehow let them know how much they were loved even when they were still in the oven.

God bless you both, keep us in the loop,

Pop-Pop