Monday, June 16, 2008

Friday, June 6th and Father-to-be Day


We had our first appointment since the ultrasound on Friday, June 6th at 10:30. The nurse took Amy's blood pressure and told her it was great, and we listened to the baby's heartbeat and it was perfect, 147 beats/minute. For whatever reason the baby's heartbeat was much easier to find than last time - he was probably more relaxed and stayed still during this appointment. The nurse gave us paperwork for the hospital and information on pre-registration, as well as classes that we can take before the delivery: breastfeeding, childbirth prep (the equivalent of lamaze), infant CPR, etc. The coolest class is a tour of the hospital, which Am and I are both really excited about. Am went right to work registering for the hospital stay and signing us up for classes - our last classes are a hospital tour on September 4 and CPR on September 18, and then we'll be ready to deliver!

I went away for 6 days for work this past week, and saying goodbye to Mommy and Baby was really hard - I can't imagine what it'll be like when the little guy is out here in the world with us. But going away for work allows us to have such a great life and will allow Amy to stay home with the baby, and that definitely makes it easier!

Sunday was Father's Day, and it was bizarre to hear people wish me Happy Father's Day at church. We went out to lunch with Dad, Cindy, and Bethany, and one of the gifts we gave Dad was a "Grandpa 2008" shirt! They got us a present, too ... clothes from Gymboree, including the little guy's first pair of khakis. Everyone's gotten him such cool stuff that he's bound to be pretty stylin' as soon as he replaces Mommy's womb for actual clothes.


When we got home, Nana had sent a package for us, so we opened it - my Father's Day gifts were a Redskins pacifier and onesie for the baby! The Redskins onesie might be my favorite article of clothing we've received - so cool. I can't wait 'til we're all watching games together, buddy! Can a newborn eat hot wings?


Nana also got us a *ton* of clothing, and all of it was fantastic - velour sweaters, nice pants, great pj's, and our favorites: a white shirt with "Daddy Loves Me" in red, and an identical version with "Mommy Loves Me".

Amy then gave me my Father's Day gifts - for Baby Niner, I got a baby blue onesie that says, "If you think I'm cute, you should see my Daddy!" And then my favorite gift of ALL TIME, a baseball shirt that says "Daddy 2008." It's fantastic, Amy must have felt I'd be insecure about it because she immediately mentioned how I could wear it around the house or out to cut the grass ... are you crazy - I'll wear it everywhere! Today I wore it out to Target and for a quick stop by church, and a lady at church noticed it and thought it was great.

Next year, our boy will be here for Father's Day - I can't wait. We love you buddy - we pray for you all the time. Be safe with Mommy and we'll see you soon.

Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean, Amy and Baby Boy,
The pictures are great!!! thanks for sharing with everyone. Baby boy looks like you are getting big inside your mommy's tummy. Before you know it you will be out in the real world growing like a weed. I love the pictures of Sean on Father's Day. Sean, you plan on watching football with the little boy you will need to bolt his seat to the couch, because the way you move around during a football game, he will be bouncing off the couch on a regular basis. Glad you liked all the clothes. If we all keep buying for him now, he will definitely be the best kid in NC. take care and keep posting those pictures. We love to see them. Nana/MOM